Tuesday 22 November 2011

Altered Soap Container

Hey all!  Today I though I would post one of my all-time favourite projects.  This is an old coffee tin (925gram size) that I repurposed into a handy container for my laundry soap.  I like to get my laundry soap from the girls at www.greengals.ca and it fits perfectly into this tin.  I got the idea from a magazine that was covering coffee tins and using them to hold rolls of wrapping paper.  When I held a workshop to make these, some of my creative ladies turned them into "Lost Sock" corrals and candy bins.


Did I mention that I love my laundry room?  I also love doing the laundry (I'm weird like that:).

Materials used:
clean 925g coffee tin
Mod Podge and brush
Paper:  Wings (retired) from CTMH, Colonail White and Black cardstock
Stamps:  Bohemian Alphabet
Embellishments:  Opaque Pearls, twine, ribbon, Popdots.

By the way, I might have another Altered Soap Container workshop so if you have empty coffee tins, please save them:)

No comments:

Post a Comment