Saturday 17 December 2011

Construction Site Cake

OK!  I finally got a new picture program installed in my computer so I can now post recent creations!  A bunch of you have been asking for pictures of Sean's birthday cake, so here it is...



Isn't it awesome?  I'm not meaning to brag, of course.  It was just so easy to make.  It's just a 9x13 chocolate cake with white buttercream icing.  Then I used a teensy bit of green and brown food colouring gel for the grass and the road.  I looked all over town for  construction site pieces like these and finally found them at Superstore for all of $4!  Couldn't get a better deal.  The trees came from the Christmas Dept at Zellers.  Put it all together in about 15 minutes and- voila!  Oh, yeah, the excavator's pile is a teaspoon of graham crumbs and the rocks are rolled Tootsie Rolls.  I thought this would be a lot harder to make, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for looking and have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. It's SO cute! And was delicious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks awesome!!! Thanks for sharing the pic..i was curious how it would look :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete